29 Sep For Bihar Polls, voting time increased by an hour, says the Election Commission
The meeting election in Bihar might be held in three phases on October 28, November Three and seven and the outcomes might be introduced on November 10, the Election Fee mentioned at present.
That is the primary main election to be held in the midst of the worldwide coronavirus disaster. Bihar has to elect a brand new 243-member meeting by November 29.
Chief Election Commissioner Sunil Arora referred to as it a “historic election” and the world’s greatest within the time of the coronavirus. There might be an additional voting hour, separate voting for Covid sufferers, suspects and people in quarantine, and no bodily contact throughout the marketing campaign, he introduced.
Chief Minister Nitish Kumar, who leads a coalition with the BJP, will combat for a fourth time period in these polls, with the opposition RJD of jailed former Chief Minister Lalu Yadav and the Congress difficult him.
Listed here are the Dwell updates on Bihar Meeting Election dates’ announcement:
Date of Subject of Gazette Notification: Oct 1
Final Date of Nominations: Oct 8
Date for Scrutiny of Nominations: Oct 9
Final Date for Withdrawal of candidatures: Oct 12
Date of Ballot: Oct 28
Date of Counting: Nov 10 (for all phases)
Date of Subject of Gazette Notification: Oct 9
Final Date of Nominations: Oct 16
Date for Scrutiny of Nominations: Oct 17
Final Date for Withdrawal of candidatures: Oct 19
Date of Ballot: Nov 3
Date of Counting: Nov 10
Date of Subject of Gazette Notification: Oct 13
Final Date of Nominations: Oct 20
Date for Scrutiny of Nominations: Oct 21
Final Date for Withdrawal of candidatures: Oct 23
Date of Ballot: Nov 4
Date of Counting: Nov 10
The Bihar election subsequent month would be the greatest voting train on this planet to be held within the time of coronavirus. The Election Fee introduced a collection of steps to guard towards an infection throughout campaigning and voting. Chief Election Fee Sunil Arora mentioned this was a part of the “new regular” within the international pandemic.
Bihar polls might be held in three phases
Part 1 – 71 constituencies – 16 districts – (31,000 polling stations)
Part 2 – 94 constituencies – 17 districts (42,000 polling stations)
Part 3 – 78 constituencies – 15 districts (33,500 polling stations)
Watch | “Social media platforms are anticipated to make satisfactory preparations to safeguard towards misuse of their platforms and arrange strict protocols to deal with such points as and after they come up”: Sunil Arora, Chief Election Commissioner of India on #BiharElectionspic.twitter.com/r770iatE3F
– NDTV (@ndtv) September 25, 2020
The mannequin code of conduct comes into fast impact in Bihar.
Bihar Election Announcement: All polling stations can have gloves, masks, sanitisers, says CEC
- All bodily conferences have been curtailed for election conferences and campaigns.
- All polling stations can have gloves, masks, sanitisers, cleaning soap, and all different medical tools wanted to cope with medical conditions.
- All polling stations might be on the bottom flooring for ease of entry to individuals with disabilities. Transport, wheelchairs, and different provisions can even be obtainable.
Covid sufferers who’re quarantined will be capable to solid their vote on the final day of ballot, at their respective polling stations, beneath the supervision of well being authorities. That is beside the choice of postal facility already prolonged to them: CEC Sunil Arora
“All security protocols should be adopted strictly as laid down by the Well being Ministry. Always this might be monitored by each the election authority in addition to the well being authorities,” says Chief Election Commissioner Sunil Arora.
For Bihar polls, the voting hours have been elevated by an hour. So, voting will occur from 7 am to six pm, as a substitute of the standard 5 pm: Chief Election Commissioner
Ballot Cubicles can have 1,000 voters as a substitute of 1,500: Sunil Arora
- This can contain enormous logistics and manpower.
- The subsequent meeting in Bihar should be constituted by November 29, therefore the election schedule is being introduced.
- To take care of protected distance between voters, there might be extra variety of polling cubicles.
- Ballot Cubicles can have 1,000 voters as a substitute of 1,500
- COVID-19 has modified the best way wherein we do every thing. Initially of the pandemic, many elections had been postponed. Thus far 70 international locations have postponed elections. However a brand new regular is now in place, by taking precautions and following all security norms.
- The democratic course of involving the folks has to proceed. Slowly, the world over, steps are being taken to make elections occur.
- We’re right here to announce the dates Bihar elections. It is among the largest elections in one of many largest states of India the fast future.
The time period of the 243-member Bihar legislative meeting involves an finish on November 29.
EC has been doing a parallel train on what to do with Bihar and bypolls in a few states
Chief Election Commissioner Sunil Arora is holding a press convention to announce dates for the Bihar meeting polls.